Collection of Non–public Personal Information
Non–public personal information includes information that could be used to determine your identity, such as your name, address, phone number, e–mail address or social security number. When you use Mortgage Marvel, the only personally–identifiable information we may ask you to provide is your email address, which we collect if you sign up for Rate Watch. We may also collect non–public personal information from you if you voluntarily send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters. In such an event, we may choose to retain such information.
Disclosure of Non–public Personal Information
We will only share the non–public personal information that you provide to us with third–parties in the following circumstances:
- Legal Obligation — Mortgage Marvel will disclose your non–public personal information if we believe that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to satisfy any requirement of law or enforceable governmental request.
- Merger or sale — If Mortgagebot LLC, the company that owns and operates Mortgage Marvel, is involved in a merger or acquisition; non–public personal information may be transferred along with the business.
Mortgagebot may collect certain anonymous information about you and your activity on our site to help us understand our users' experience and troubleshoot site issues. The types of anonymous information that may be collected include the following:
- the type of Internet browser you use;
- the type of computer operating system you use;
- whether or not you visit specific pages of Mortgage Marvel or other connected sites;
- the location of your Internet service provider's point of presence;
- the date and time of a visit to a Web site;
- search keywords passed from another server; and
- other interactions between you and the site.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Similar Technologies
A "cookie" is an alphanumeric identifier in the form of a text file that our site transfers to your computer for storage to track and store preferential information about you. Mortgage Marvel employs this technology in order to allow our servers to store anonymous information, track site activity for internal monitoring purposes, and analyze visitor traffic so that we can adjust the site to make it more efficient for you. Cookies allow us to see how and when you use our sites, but they cannot be used to track personal information since this confidential data is not collected on our site.
We also allow collection of site click–stream and cookie data by analytic service provider(s) to help us track aggregate and individual use of our site and determine possible interests of our users. These service providers do not collect any non–public personal information about our users and we do not give such service providers any non–public personal information as part of this process.
Mortgage Marvel may also use Web beacons externally. For example, Mortgage Marvel may report aggregate information about Mortgage Marvel users, such as demographic and usage information, to its partners and other third parties. Mortgage Marvel may also include other company's Web beacons within www.mortgagemarvel.com.
At Mortgage Marvel, we take strong efforts to maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect our systems from misuse. To that end, defense mechanisms such as hardened firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention systems, and extensive anti–virus programs are utilized. Vast technical auditing is implemented including independent security assessments, routine remote vulnerability assessment and McAfee ScanAlert validation.
Links to Other Web sites
Notification of Changes
If you have any questions or concerns about privacy at Mortgage Marvel, please contact us at 877–861–3354 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you prefer, you may contact us in writing at Mortgagebot, 12080 North Corporate Parkway, Mequon, WI 53092.